Download speed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini, iPhone 4, iPods, Seagate 1TB HDD
Not sure this is the proper place for this but it's limited to my iPhone 4. If there is a better place for this, Mods, please move it, thanks.

I have been experiencing painfully slow download speeds during the evening hours. So much to the point that I can't, within reason, load YouTube videos over 1 minute long. I've waited 10 minutes before just to watch 2 minutes worth of a video.

DLS.png

As you can see on 8/1 at 8:36pm I had an extremely poor download speed test. I did the same test a few minutes ago, some WiFi, same location, and the download speed was drastically different.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Reaction score
Happens to me every so often. It's just one of those things I think. Really frustrating when it happens. I'm guessing it's just a ton of people on at the same time.

OP
Apple4life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a secure WiFi and at the times it happens, my computer is the only other thing connected, and it's in sleep mode.

It only happens for a few hours in the evening hours, it's just weird.

Reaction score
What I'm thinking is it's probably the sheer amount of people on the same ISP - Qwest, Mediacom e.g. - or the sheer amount of people on YouTube. Just congestion during peak hours. Happens fairly often.

OP
Apple4life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You could be right, I just did a test on my computer, and I did a test on my iPhone about an hour ago, both show severely reduced download speeds. That was starting around 6PM. Probably peak time for this area. I will test it through the evening hours to see if it gets faster as it gets later. It didn't used to do this, and has only begun doing it over the last few weeks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.