so I fixed my 2006 MBP

Reaction score
My 2006 17" MBP was apparently dead. I took it to two Mac repair shops in my city and they both told me I needed a new logic board. The problem was that when I turned on my MBP the fans would come on but no screen and no beeps or anything. The light on the front stayed solid white. I tried resetting the smc, resetting the pram etc... I even took out the logic board to see if something obvious was wrong. I had no idea that the white light staying solid meant anything until I read on a forum that if you have bad memory the light on the front will blink a few times. I decided to take out the memory and turn it on to see if the light blinked or stayed solid anyway. When I started it up with the memory out, sure enough the light blinked. I put the memory back in and started it up and all of a sudden everything worked again. I have no idea why that worked but I'm glad it did. It hasn't worked in a couple of months and now everything is great. Maybe someone else in a similar situation can benefit from trying this as well. Let me know how you make out or if you know why that may have worked

Cheers!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Very nice...it's always AWESOME when you can fix your own computer...especially after the repair folks don't get it right!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.