where to download .ipa apps

Reaction score
hey everyone

i'm pretty new to the whole jailbreaking experience and i'm about to jailbreak my iphone...and i was just wondering where i can go to download apps so that i can install them onto my iphone.

my 2nd question is that if i download the apps as .ipa...when an app update is available...can i update directly from the app store or will i have to go back to the site where i got the download and download the latest version...i don't want apple/itunes to somehow find out i jailbroke my iphone and possibly brick my phone....or whatever else they can do to it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can still download apps from the Apple App Store. There's also the Cydia store which is installed as part of the Jailbreak process.

If you're talking about pirating apps then that's not something I'd personally recommend and probably shouldn't be discussed on this forum.

OP
S
Reaction score
ok...well yes i know i can download apps directly from the app store but what about all the other apps that aren't approved by apple....

and if this isn't the place to discuss about jailbreaking or unlocking or anything "illegal" for that matter...where do i talk about this kind of stuff because i'd like to do some research, get feedback and opinions, and have some knowledge about this before i actually do it....

so if u could kindly direct me to where i can talk about doing things such as jailbreaking...etc....i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
ok...well yes i know i can download apps directly from the app store but what about all the other apps that aren't approved by apple....

As mentioned above; for legal but Apple unapproved apps use the Cydia store. The Cydia app is installed when you Jailbreak.

and if this isn't the place to discuss about jailbreaking or unlocking or anything "illegal" for that matter...

You are free to discuss Jailbreaking on these forums.
See http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/209466-jailbreaking-now-permissible-discussion.html

You can't discuss anything illegal as per the forum rules/guidelines.
See Mac-Forums.com - Announcements in Forum : News and Community Announcements

For anything outside the forum bounds.... Google is your friend.

C

chas_m

Take it from someone who knows ... jailbreaking is WAY overrated. There are maybe a dozen "unofficial" apps that are worth anyone's time and/or money unless you're really, REALLY into wallpapers and ringtones.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for your input buddy! I was trying to read on what is REALLY cool from jailbreaking and there really is nothing..except the one that i think i'll really use which is tethering...but all the themes and ringtones..i can careless about...=/

Reaction score
You can try with Installous, wich is an application that, yup, distributes a lot of pirated apps, wich I DO NOT recomend. Instead, use it to download apps that are gone now from the AppStore or that couldn't make it on there.

You go to Cydia>Manage>Sources>Edit>Add, and type this:

cydia.hackulo.us

And now you just need to Cydia-Search "Installous" and install it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.