Creating a DVD with "Play All" feature

Reaction score
Does anyone know of software that has a "Play All" button when building a DVD. I can't locate one on iDVD. I'd like to add that feature to a DVD I'm building. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What do you mean exactly?
I have recently used iDVD to make a full featured DVD with menu's and chapters etc, but if you click play it plays from start to finish without issue.

OP
D
Reaction score
Much like TV episode compilations where you can choose to watch an episode or all of the episodes one after another. Each episode has multiple chapters. I'd like to put together a yearly home movie for each child. Each child can watch their own personal episode with individual chapters for events, or we can "play all" and watch the entire DVD from start to finish with all of the kids. I got the idea from my kids Scooby Doo videos where they can watch a single episode, or "Play all" and they get all of the episodes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Ok, with you now.
You should be able to configure iDVD to do that if you have used iMovie to add chapters and then export it.
It's not easy though.
This brilliant article may help.

iMovie 09

C

chas_m

No, the feature the OP is looking for is in iDVD itself -- nothing to do with chapters.

In the "Map" feature of iDVD, you can make the DVD play straight through, no menu required.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, the feature the OP is looking for is in iDVD itself -- nothing to do with chapters.

In the "Map" feature of iDVD, you can make the DVD play straight through, no menu required.

Agreed, but he said he want's individual episodes for each child, with chapters for each episode within too.
No way can you do that in iDvd, there's no facility for adding chapters.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.