MBP C2D vs. i7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Hey guys. I did a little searching around here and couldn't find anything so here goes. I have a MBP with 2.8GHz C2D (the model right before these latest ones) and I was wondering how the new i7 MBPs compared to it in speed. I'm hoping for some numbers from someone who can test these. Please try to have identical specs aside from the processor so that the numbers are as true as they can be. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
C2D doesn't stand a chance against the i7. It's a closer match with i5, but i7 is totally better. I'm not a huge fan of the i5, but I would do anything to get an i7! If you have the means, get the i7!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Just wait till the next batch when they use 4 cores instead of the current 2 only with the
possibility of using 1333Mhz instead of 1066Mhz ram. i guess what I am saying is there will always be a better spec'ed computer year after year so staying on the bleeding edge
can be very expensive.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I went from a late 2008 2.53GHz to i7 and there is very little difference day to day and quite a difference under load. Basically, if you don't use it for heavy stuff then don't bother. If you need to save time and have the cash, i7 it. If I had upgraded and paid for it, I wouldn't be happy but mine was an applecare upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.