My first impressions...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
Ok so I've touched a few macs as I've said before, but pretty much have never done anything on them. So here's my first impressions:

My system:

17" Macbook Pro, Core i7 processor, 4gigs DDR3, 500gb 7200rpm, apple care(not that that affects my impression).

*IVE ONLY BEEN USING IT FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS*

The GUI is nice and simple(stunning really) but the way Apple packages things for you is what I like. You know, on windows you gotta do 7-8 things just to uninstall a program. On a mac, you just drop in the trash and its gone.

I love the dock, end of story. The dock is cool lol thats my uneducated answer to that one!

Everything I've plugged into it so far is extremely simple plug and play(wired keyboard, wired mouse, usb headphones, flash drives, portable harddrives) no waiting to install drivers or any of that BS! Super awesome!!!

It's taking a little getting used to the command button but I do see how its pretty much the same as the alt and windows button combined. One thing that I do not like is I dont have the "snap feature" like windows 7 has. I'm sorry but that feature is just 250% badass for me and I really miss it :'(

I'm really wanting to do a tri-boot setup soon but as I've read before I don't want to install Windows or Linux yet because I don't want to use them as a crutch; I'm forcing myself to get used to it.

Other than that, I'm open to any comments/questions/suggestions. Thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Snap for your Mac.

Irradiated Software - Cinch

And they had it for the Mac long before Windows 7 had it. It use to be called TwoUp.

Or check out SizeUp at the same site.

Reaction score
Help I'm Weakning

As a devout PC user surrounded by mac fans its tiring trying to get them to explain why the mac is so much better than a pc.

They cannot stop gushing with love for the white lumps of coolness without really explaining what makes them better

Hopefully I can explore the apple world here and get some answers from grown ups who do not go weak at the knees every time you mention Apple ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
As a devout PC user surrounded by mac fans its tiring trying to get them to explain why the mac is so much better than a pc.

They cannot stop gushing with love for the white lumps of coolness without really explaining what makes them better

Hopefully I can explore the apple world here and get some answers from grown ups who do not go weak at the knees every time you mention Apple ;D

If you're fortunate enough to have an Apple store nearby, you could walk in and try them out. You will even have a knowledgable Apple employee to help you with any questions. Of course forums like this one are a great second-best option. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I'm a PC user who just clicked that link, only my internet explorer wont let me see it because it's "not responding". I think that says more than the link could have hoped to put across.

LOL! How appropriate and ironic.

Go to an Apple store turn off one of those Macs on display. Then turn it back on. It's about all the reason I was more than happy to pay $300-400 more for a MBP instead of a PC. Ever try to use a PC after you wake it from sleep mode...occasionally it acts all stupid and can't get anything going like it's still in sleep mode. Never happened in 8 months of usage on my MBP. A PC notebook may weigh 5 pounds which is about the average weight, but the adapter that comes with it weighs an extra 2lbs. The track pad puts everything else on the market on a PC notebook to shame. The OSx is streamline, gives you what you need then get out of your way so you can do what you want. Plug in a new printer. You don't even need the installation disk that came with it. The Mac identified the model, searches the web for driver and what it needs, with in 5-10 minutes it's ready to print. And lastly it looks pretty sweet in aluminum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.