Buying on ebay

Reaction score
Hi, Im looking to buy a macbook pro and im debating between the 13" and 15" models.
Price is obviously a consideration but im looking to get the best machine I can. I dont want to pay the rrp price for the 15" at teh apple store (£1500) which directs me towards the 13" model.
I did however notice that several ebay sellers were selling new 15" pro's for upto £300 cheaper than the apple store price. This also reduces the price difference between the 13" and 15" models to a more reasonable and digestable £300 - £350.
The question I have is, would you have concerns about buying a new macbook pro this much cheaper than the apple store on ebay? Feedback seems to be good but I have rarely bought on ebay and its a lot of money to take a gamble with! Here is a link to the sort of ebay advert i refer too:

Apple MC371B/A MacBook Pro Intel Core i5 4GB 320GB -NEW on eBay (end time 05-Aug-10 14:41:49 BST)

or..

Apple MC371B/A MacBook Pro Intel Core i5 4GB 320GB -NEW on eBay (end time 29-Aug-10 15:12:04 BST)

Thanks for any advice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The question I have is, would you have concerns about buying a new macbook pro this much cheaper than the apple store on ebay? Feedback seems to be good but I have rarely bought on ebay and its a lot of money to take a gamble with! Here is a link to the sort of ebay advert i refer too:

I always have concerns when I see something on eBay advertised as new and the price is much lower than what it should normally be. It makes me wonder if they're really new and where did they come from? It's your money but if it were me, I would avoid buying either machine.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
C

chas_m

It is highly unlikely that anyone is actually selling NEW MacBook Pros for £300 off retail. Those are stolen or scams and should be ignored.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
And if you wait and watch the refurbs, my Dad got a MBP for 30% less than the original price once.
£1500 - 30% = $1050 ($450 Savings)

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice. Im definately going to avoid the cheap ebay deals - they dont seem worth the risk.

Reaction score
This is my first post on here. I have to say that I bought my MBP off a trusted seller off ebay. I paid around 300 pounds less than the apple shop and it was as described.

I took my time in choosing the right model and anyone with negative feedback I avoided. They delivered within 24 hours by courier and I would highly recommend the Company. Drop me a line if you want to know who it is

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.