vista 32 on mac 64

Reaction score
This topic was probably discussed but, I want to know if it is fine to run a Windows Vista 32 bit on my Mac 64 bit? Will all the drivers and hardware still work fine? Also, I would like to know if my version of Vista which came with my Gateway laptop will work? It is the disc with the Gateway logo and drivers for my laptop.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Assuming you have an Intel Mac, Vista 32 bit will run OK. However, an OEM version by Gateway may not be useable since it may be just a recovery version or for restoring purposes only. You really need a MS boxed copy or OEM system builder's version. You can buy an OEM system builder's version at NewEgg or Amazon.

Regards.

Reaction score
A Gateway OEM disk will not likely work in Boot Camp. Highly recommend purchasing a System Builder OEM disk. The manufacturer OEM disks have bits in them that aren't expected by BC and in most circumstances will cause the install to fail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.