Cool Edit / Adobe Audition replacement?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro i5 / 4GB / 250GB
I have discovered that Garage Band is far superior to pretty much any mid to low priced midi/keyboard program. I have been using Adobe Audition/Cool Edit for about 8 years. I like it, I know it. Anything like it for mac OSX4.11?
MacAttack.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Adobe is making a Mac version of Audition.
Even though it doesn't state it on thier website, IMO I bet OS 10.5/10.6 will be needed to run the Mac version of Adobe Audition.

OP
Zeke_D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I understand you can trick the 10.5 installer into installing on a 733.

Adobe is making a Mac version of Audition.
Even though it doesn't state it on thier website, IMO I bet OS 10.5/10.6 will be needed to run the Mac version of Adobe Audition.

C

chas_m

I think its a safe bet that the Mac version of Audition will be Intel-only.

PS. My audio-editing needs are probably very light compared to yours, but I like and use Amadeus Pro ($40) for multi-channel audio editing. There's also Sound Studio ($80) which some people like as well.

These aren't world-class, recording-at-Abbey-Road-Studios type DAWs, but they more than do the job for me.

OP
Zeke_D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am thinking that since I have a fully liscensed version of Audition for Windows, I will just maintain the windows box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I am thinking that since I have a fully liscensed version of Audition for Windows, I will just maintain the windows box.

That's what I did for Ableton LIVE when I switched to a Mac. I was able to register the program for my VAIO and MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.