New macbook user need answers

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a new macbok pro and im wondering what mouse to get. Do i need to use an apple mouse or can i use any kind of mouse. also wat r some good wireless mouses. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
You can use any USB or bluetooth mouse with your Mac. I recently purchased a Magic Mouse and am very impressed with it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
My iMac came with the magic mouse and after a day or so of using it, I quite like it..I end up doing some of the gestures on my MS mouse at work only to find that it doesn't work..:)

But as has been stated, ANY USB mouse will work..

Regards

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You can use just about any generic USB mouse with the Mac. I am using an old Logitech trackballs at the moment. If you have one of the fancy multi-button mice then it will usually at least be recognized as a generic mouse. If the manufacturer does not have a Mac driver there are a few third party drivers such as SteerMouse TOP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.