remote desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,iphone,time capsule,ipad
I use an internet based ASP for my company operations software. Does anyone know of an app for connection to a remote desktop windows 2000 server?
Thanks,
RDA

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm going to assume that being in the iPad forum, they're looking for an iPad client. ;)

To the OP: Search the App Store for RDP client. You should get a few hits.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks

Thank you for your replies. When looking at the ipad apps for RDC most say they can not be used to connect with a server. Thank you anyway.

RDA

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
maybe

In looking at the apps again, maybe the Jump Desktop app, may work. Has anyone tried this on their ipad? At almost $20 i don't know if I want to just try it. Thanks all.
rda

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Thank you for your replies. When looking at the ipad apps for RDC most say they can not be used to connect with a server. Thank you anyway.

RDA

Have you looked at the iTap app (around $12)? I use it to connect my iPad to my desktop PC for a certain app that isn't made for Mac.
Anyways, their website says it supports Windows 2000 Server.
Take a look... iTap mobile - iPhone applications

Reaction score
LogMeIn?

Not sure if this is an option, since you mentioned RDP specifically, but have you looked into LogMeIn Ignition for iPad? Link: https://secure.logmein.com/products/ignition/

I've tried multiple RDP clients for iPad to Windows (on multiple Window's platforms and OS's) and they all refuse to work with iPad (and no, I am not even going to suggest that it might be my iPad's 'fault'! ;D ).
I know you said this for your company, so LogMeIn may not be what you're looking for, since it requires a download at the computer you are trying to connect to. Plus, at almost $30, it isn't exactly on the cheap end of the app store.

But it's something to check out.

Best,

Reaction score
How would the RDP work if you were logging into a windows server? Once you are in the windows server do you need a keyboard and mouse hooked up to the iPad in order to do anything on the windows server?????

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks

Again, thank you for your replies. The remote desktop connection on the imac comes up with a place for me to input an ip address. You are right though if the keyboard for the ipad does not come up automatically in this program I would have no way to manipulate my ASP screens. Guess I continue to carry the laptop and ipad. Thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Again, thank you for your replies. The remote desktop connection on the imac comes up with a place for me to input an ip address. You are right though if the keyboard for the ipad does not come up automatically in this program I would have no way to manipulate my ASP screens. Guess I continue to carry the laptop and ipad. Thanks all!

I can speak from experience using the iTap RDP app and the iPad keyboard does automatically come up when it gets to the part where you log into Windows. *shrug* Not to beat a dead horse, but I think that app would work well for what you want.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you MYmacROX, I am going to give that a try.

rdahrens

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
many thanks

Your suggestion of iTap was spot on, works great, has keyboard and lets me manipulate with touch controls, easier than my imac. Now if ipad could only print. . . sigh

thanks,
rdahrens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your suggestion of iTap was spot on, works great, has keyboard and lets me manipulate with touch controls, easier than my imac. Now if ipad could only print. . . sigh

thanks,
rdahrens

Good! I'm glad it was what you were looking for.
Don't give up hope for printing just yet. :D

C

chas_m

Yeah, something tells me we'll see some sort of printing solution in iOS 4.1 for the iPad ... gosh, next month! Time flies when you use Apple products! :)

Reaction score
you can just use remote desktop connection by just tying mstsc in the run window, then login into remote connection by using your login id.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
peter670, at what run window do I type in mstsc? It didn't work from itap window nor is it recognized in my sign in from my ASP. Thanks.
rdahrens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.