macbook pro trackpad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 5,5
I have a late 09 MacBook Pro and for the most part really like it. I do have one beef, however. I'm typing away in a text box much like this when all of a sudden the page goes away and I've lost my work. I suspect I inadvertently moved the heel of my thumb on the trackpad and somehow sent the page off into space forever. I turned OFF all trackpad functions but curser and buttons still work. What can I do to correct or eliminate this problem aside from gluing a piece of plywood over the trackpad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
What you can do is keep the cursor away from anything clickable :D How deep into space does the page actually go? :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 5,5
Not sure. No new windows opened, back button didn't find it. Good idea, though, about the cursor. Gadzooks, another habit to form. Thank you for sharing the wisdom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
U sure you didn't just close the window by pressing cmd+w?

As far as habits go, I don't rly watch out for my cursor and I never click on anything by accident. Just move it out of the way :D Also in Safari when you start typing in the quick reply box for example, the cursor actually disappears.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 5,5
Anythings possible, I guess. Not likely I would hit those two keys at once, though. I have never paid much attention to the location of the cursor when working..I just wiggle the mouse to find it when I need it and carry on from there. Your fix is easy and I'm a little disappointed I didn't think of it myself. I'm pretty darn perfect in all other regards, however.O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.