Coverflow on iPhone vs. iPod

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently got an iPhone, and was using an iPod before that. I mostly listen to classical music, and I had all my music on my iPod's coverflow sorted a certain way. Here's an example of how I would tag 6 tracks on a particular CD that has a violin concerto from Brahms and Tchaikovsky
Track 1-3:
Composer: Tchaikovsky
Album: Brahms, Tchaikovsky: Violin Concertos
Artist: Tchaikovsky, Milstein, Fistolari, Philharmonia Orchestra

Track 4-6:
Composer: Brahms
Album: Brahms, Tchaikovsky: Violin Concertos
Artist: Brahms, Milstein, Steinberg, Pittsburg SO

So the ablum is the same, and I have all 6 tracks as "part of a compilation."

Now, on my iPod's coverflow, it would sort by ALBUM. So it would display the CD artwork, then underneath the Album title, and underneath that it would say "Various Artists." So:
CD Cover
Brahms, Tchaikovsky: Violin Concertos
Various Artists

I transferred all my iPod's music to my iPhone recently, and I was very surprised to see the coverflow is sorted a different way. Now, the same CD under coverflow displays:

CD cover
Tchaikovsky, Milsteinn, Fistoulari, Philharmonia Orch
Album Title (Brahms, Tchaikovsky: Violin Concertos)

So now the coverflow looks like it's sorted by ARTIST on the iPhone. Also, even though this CD has two different artists, it groups them together (probably because I selected part of a compilation) but does not say "Various Artists."

So, my question is, how do I sort the coverflow on the iPhone the same way as on my iPod? I.e., by album and not by artist?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.