Fan Speed

Reaction score
Hello, what should the fan speed be on a MacBook when it starts for the first time?
Also, is it possible that my old logic board is still ok after running for about 15 min then shutting down. I assume that the logic board got to hot then some type of thermal protection took over but now I can't get the computer to start. I ordered a new board and noticed that the fan is running slow. Not knowing what the fan speed should be I have ordered a new fan just in case. I can't afford another board! $$$$

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Normal fan rotational speed for a MacBook and MacBook Pro is around 1800 to 2000 RPM. Sensing circuitry on the logic board will shut the machine down if the core temperature of the CPU gets too hot or the machine overheats (in the event the fan is not working).

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.