Personal Finance Accounting Software - Recommendations?

Reaction score
Hello Everybody

I looking for finance software that will work on my mac. I've been researching and researching but I'm running into way too many products that I know nothing about...way too many programs.

I'm not looking for anything too complicated as I'm just using this to keep track of my checking, savings, expenses, credit cards, and loans.

Oh and if it has a iphone feature, all the better.

Please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Mint is pretty sweet. I use it almost daily.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It used to be very fast and quick to add accounts and download the information. Though with it's growing popularity I think it's taking a beating on how quickly it ends up getting the information from the various accounts..

I have about 20 accounts linked in there, and on some days it downloads all the information within a few minutes, other time it can easily take 15 mins or more..

Regards

Reaction score
I use Microsoft Money via Parallel, only reason I need Parallel. But Money is no longer sold and/or supported by Microsoft...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

You might try iBank. Maybe a bit pricey at $59.95 but they do have a trial version you can download and test with. iBank is also supported on the iPad and iPhone (mobile version). I can't verify how well it works as I use "CheckBook" (just for my checking account, not a personal finance program.)

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok, I managed to get mint.com to work and I have to admit, it's nice to see all my accounts listed on one place...although, the fact that it's terrible at updating does scare me a little.

To chscag, I'll check out the trial version of iBank. Thanks for the recommendation

Reaction score
Just to mention MoneyWell and YNAB both work on Mac and also have new iPhone apps....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.