Would Like to Migrate my Visual Basic / Access Application

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz i5 16GB RAM - Macbook Pro 2.66 Ghz i7 8GB Ram
Hi,

I'm new to the MAC and I have some personal Visual Basic 5 / Access applications that I wrote several years ago.

I know I can run them via VirtualBox, VMWare, or Parallels, but since these applications are pretty old, I would really like to redo them to run on a Mac.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a programming language and database which I might use?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
There is the whole range of languages to choose from, C/C++, Java, Objective-C with Cocoa, Python, Perl, Ruby :D along with "Live" database like the hsqldb library for Java

The list goes on and on, but no matter what language you choose, you will have to rewrite the application.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Office 2011 (coming later this year) will return VB to Office after it was excluded from Office 2008. However, if your VB programs are for Access, and since Access is not included with Mac Office, then it would be best to follow what Scathe told you.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.