Skype for iPad

Reaction score
How can I download Skype on my iPad. Available version on the Skype web page has no version for iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
Open up App Store on your ipad tape the search text box on the upper right and type in "skype" then you can download it :) or go into the app store through itunes on your mac and type "skype" in the text box in the upper right hand corner then click "free" enter your password if needed then sync your ipad.

make sure you have a apple ID :)

Edit: btw its an iphone app, skype has not released an ipad version so you'll have to zoom the program using the "2x" button, its good for text chats :)

C

chas_m

It also works for audio chats (I verified this).

Of course a "real" iPad Skype app would be great, but the free iPhone version will do for the time being.

Reaction score
Skype for iPad??

Even with a Skype app, please clarify how to attach a camera and mic...which camera and mic work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
I do not know how you could use a camera with the iPad, but it does have a built-in microphone right next to the earphone Jack.

Reaction score
Does any one facing problems in installing skype in your iphone, i am not able to open skype. is that skype software problem or iphone problem. i tried installing again but the application is automatically switching off.

C

chas_m

Try actually powerering down your iPhone, then starting it back up. This usually resolves issues with software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Skype app doesn't currently support video calling, so even if you figured out a way to attach a camera it would be useless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.