Keyboard Problems

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a Macally BTkey bluetooth keyboard for my mac. Does anybody know if i can force the function keys to work like the one on my macbook pro. The only main keys i want are the keys for itunes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
The F keys don't get picked up? That's strange, are you sure you just don't have the iTunes and Dashboard functions set to work with the Fn key?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thats part of the problem. It doesn't have a fn key. It just has the normal f keys. What im wanting to have the f keys do is work like the play/pause, fastforward, and rewind keys for itunes. I tried making my own keyboard shortcuts for it but it only works when i have itunes selected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Go to System Preferences > Keyboard. On the first tab, right in the middle, there is a checkbox for the option to use the fn key.

When this option is NOT checked, then the F keys work e.g. for iTunes.
Imageshack - screenshot20100802at182.png

OP
M
Reaction score
That works for the mac keyboard but doesn't seem to do anything for my macally bluetooth keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.