iPhone 4 Jailbreak released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I did it, took about 2 minutes, easiest Jailbreak yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Trying it as I type this. It really was the easiest JB. Just gotta find mywi now...

OP
roeiboot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
no problems ?

still considering it but not a whole lot of reason to do it :} used to exclusively use JB iDevices, but this 4 is pretty great even without..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
One good reason to JB: Facetime works over 3G!!

?? Where did you get this info from? This specific JB actually stops facetime from working! The rest of the apps seem to work with the 3g fooling app. I'm sure they will fix this soon...even though the only time I actually used facetime was when I tested it out with friends...
Still...MyWi=only reason I JB! I don't want to hinder the performance by loading it with "JUNK," especially when the current iOS on the iPhone4 is perfect, imo at least.

Reaction score
Jailbreakme issued an update today that fixed Facetime and MMS. If you ran it before they did this (like last night) then you can fix it by going to sources in Cydia and adding iphonedelivery.advinux.com and install it. Once done reboot your phone and go back into your phone settings and turn Facetime back on.

On top of that, Rock Your Phone released an update this morning to My3G which now supports Facetime. I just updated mine and can confirm it works.

From Rock Your Phone's Twitter feed:

Facetime over 3G - Now available via My3G!!! Screenshot @ http://bit.ly/bpRPjN -- Details at http://bit.ly/bt5Dwx. Please RT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Oh, that's cool. I actually JBed it this morning. Never tried My3G. Is it better than MyWi? MyWi lets me run the tether at 1.2mbs, which also allows the 360 to work!
It seems that a lot of repos/apps are compatible yet...bummer.

EDIT: Never mind, was confusing my3g with another tethering app...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Verizon or Tmobile had better move fast.. Oh poor ATT's networks ! Now that Jailbreaking is "legal", everyone whom wanted to but was afraid, is now going to want to do it for app functionality via 3G where it wasn't available before.

What I'm curious about, is whether or not app devs will update their apps in order that they run on all OS versions and not just the likes of 3.1 or 4.0 etc.. I'm still on 3.0 and a lot of apps can't be installed because I would have to update the OS. I guess now is going to be my window of opportunity to upgrade and not be penalized anymore. I wonder how many other people were in my boat ? I did it so that I wouldn't lose my unlock since I'm over seas.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
app functionality via 3G where it wasn't available before.
Doug

It has always been available. Unless you were talking about the people who had updated their 3.0 or later OS's.
I remember reading somewhere that the MyWi app, which lets you tether your iphone and turn it into a wifi hotspot, actually had a higher revenue than 98% of all the apps in the app store! That's a whole lot of people! Although, the price of it jumped from 10 to 20 bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Facetime over 3G, MyWi, five icon dock are top 3 reasons for jailbreaking rightnow.

I know they raised the price of MyWi but it's still worth the one time fee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
So, I restored my iphone back because the facetime didn't work, and was told that reinstalling the current version would fix it. One problem...when I go to the JB site on my iphone, it says: "Oops... A server with the specified hostname could not be found."
What's up??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, I restored my iphone back because the facetime didn't work, and was told that reinstalling the current version would fix it. One problem...when I go to the JB site on my iphone, it says: "Oops... A server with the specified hostname could not be found."
What's up??

I had the same problem, I had to keep retrying after a few tries it worked. Last night when it was released there were so many people on it crashed the site for at least an hour.

right now my Facetime works perfect. everything is fully functional. I'm gonna buy MyWi now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Your top 3 are literally my top 3 also! "After a few..." Do you mean pressing Retry non stop, or waiting and retrying? Spamming the button isn't workin....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had to reboot my phone and reset network settings a couple of times and it worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know about the rest of you, But even Cydia is running a lil slow, I swear there has gotta be a million people logged on right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
It has always been available. Unless you were talking about the people who had updated their 3.0 or later OS's.

I should have phrased that differently. Available in the sense that you could fool apps which required wifi and weren't designed to run off of 3g data. We all know every app has the potential to do so, but ATT aren't confident in their networks enough to let people do that. They eventually allowed Slingbox, which is interesting to me.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I should have phrased that differently. Available in the sense that you could fool apps which required wifi and weren't designed to run off of 3g data. We all know every app has the potential to do so, but ATT aren't confident in their networks enough to let people do that. They eventually allowed Slingbox, which is interesting to me.

Doug

Is it that they are not confident or simply don't want to listen to people whining abut bandwidth and how sluggish it may (or may not) be? I suspect it was a smart move on their part to keep resources available for as many users as possible. Doesn't mean I like it though. This is one of those many reasons they need to invest more in their infrastructure. Then again, I wonder if Verizon would actually be any better, I know Sprint and T-Mo wouldn't be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I still can't get in...this is exhausting!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I still can't get in...this is exhausting!!

I feel your pain, It's frustrating it took me several tries yesterday. It will work keep rebooting,reset network settings it will take. The server has been bogged down since yesterday.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.