Can't connect to net ? OSX issue

Reaction score
Hi

I have a mac desktop running 10.5.8 which I have had for 18 months with no probs. When I click on Safari, it immediately states I am not connected to the internet.

I have done all the usual stuff including contacting my broadband provider but there does not appear to be a problem here. He asked me to type in the address of the router and the mac couldn't find it.

I have an iphone which can connect through the router and am posting this via my macbook which connects without any problem.

I have run through the network help diagnostics with no luck and have tried connecting via ethernet cable which again makes no difference. Thinking now it is a software issue? Any suggestions before I shell out on a fixing-bloke?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Check your Network settings under System preferences if you have the right IP address or DHCP selected ... the list can go on and on. If you have a MacBook just look at the settings there and set the same on your other Mac. (just not an identical IP address of course)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.