moving files to external hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard
I am trying to back up some of my music and movies that I have on my macbook pro to an external hard drive but i seem to have problems it wont let me go from my mac to my external hard drive but I can download from my external hard drive to my mac. Is anyone else having this problem, I was able to do it before but now it wont do it.

C

chas_m

Can you be more specific about what EXACTLY happens when you try to copy a file from your mbp to the external drive please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
So you can read from the drive, just not write to it? :D
Is it an NTFS formatted drive?

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i try to drag and drop the file into my external hard drive but it just wont do it. i can drag and drop from my external hard drive to my mbp. i tried to do it with a pen drive and it worked i dont know why not sure if its the external harddrive. i tried another external hard drive and it still wouldnt let me.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it is NTFS i can read it but i am not able to write

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
it is NTFS i can read it but i am not able to write

You'll need to install a third party driver. Paragon NTFS Currently on sale for $19.95.

If you're running Snow Leopard on your MBP, you can turn on the built in R/W to NTFS capability. (not turned on by default) Download the free utility "NTFS Mounter".

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.