Upgrading to tiger...

E

el-scotto

This will be my first upgrade for the mac, from 10.3 to tiger. Will all my files currently on here be saved during the upgrade? Im just worried about some half finished torrents Ivebeen trying to dl :/

Reaction score
Do an Archive-and-Install. Everything will still be there. You do have backups just in case right?

OP
E

el-scotto

cradom said:
Do an Archive-and-Install. Everything will still be there. You do have backups just in case right?

yea all the important stuff is, im just worried about these torrents because they are pretty big files (4.5gb 5.8gb and 8.2gb) and itll take me a long long time to get as far i have.

the archive install, moves all the files from 10.3 to a new folder correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
el-scotto said:
yea all the important stuff is, im just worried about these torrents because they are pretty big files (4.5gb 5.8gb and 8.2gb) and itll take me a long long time to get as far i have.

the archive install, moves all the files from 10.3 to a new folder correct?

Yes, the Panther installation will be put into a folder called "Previous System Folder." No other folders will be touched by the Tiger installer.

OP
E

el-scotto

technologist said:
Yes, the Panther installation will be put into a folder called "Previous System Folder." No other folders will be touched by the Tiger installer.

so is there any point to keeping that folder at all then?

OP
E

el-scotto

well all thanks for helping me out with my noob questions, everything seems to be working great :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.