External Sound/Audio Hardware Suggestions

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting an external sound/audio card or device, so i can plug instruments (guitar/keyboard) maybe any MIDI devices that are not USB/Firewire into my iMac, mainly to practice/perfect recording techniques in garageband/logic.

However i'm not all that clued up as to what sort of price range/manufacturer/brand i should be looking at, i'm a beginner so don't need anything immense, and i've seen a few from M-audio but i'm not sure if there are any other manufacturers that may be worth a look? :Confused:

Any help/direction most appreciated!

Cheers :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Search for brands like... M-Audio, Focusrite, PreSonus, Apogee, TC Electronic, Lexicon, Edirol or RME.

The low range interface models will run you $50-$300.
Mid range interfaces... $300-$1000
Top o'the line... $1000 - $3000

I've used M-Audio Firewire interfaces but my next purchase will be a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 I/O FireWire Audio Interface.

OP
S
Reaction score
That's great, thanks. Any decent websites that you would recommend i check out to look at purchasing from?, i'm in the UK it may be worth noting, although i don't mind shipping stuff over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Depending where you are I would say Turnkey in London or Digital Village .
At least there you can try it out before you buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.