Post Your Review of the Newest iMac.

Reaction score
Okay, so I know the newest generation of the iMac was released only last week, but I'm sure a few of you have already started using yours. Please tell me which version you bought and let me know what you use it for, what you think of its performance and anything else you feel is valuable to a person who wants to get his own iMac in the near future.

Do you think it's a good value for the money?

Reaction score
In the past I had bought my wife Powerbooks and now she has a MacBook from work, and the children all have MacBook Pros for college; but my first ever Apple computer just arrived yesterday. After years of Windows/Intel and Linux/FBSD/Unix experience I have to admit the first 24 hours has been very nice.

So I went with the 2.93GHz i7 quad core iMac with the 1Tb sata drive, 8Gb ram and the 27" monitor size and so far very happy. I went with the wired keyboard as I like having a numeric keypad readily available.

No slow downs with as much as I usually throw at a computer. One thing I noticed is how warm the unit gets, but realize that with increased power comes increased heat generation.

The Magic Mouse and Track Pad are a dream; just installed MagicPrefs and will report on that later.

So far no complaints.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.