iTunes...exclude a genre?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Is there anyway I can make iTunes exclude a specific genre of sound files when creating a shuffle list?

I have a lot of Old Time Radio programs that I'm wanting to import. Obviously I've figured out how to classify them by genre or other labels so as to make them easier to find but if I create a shuffle list I don't want them included along with the songs

How can I exclude them from selection?

F

Fallooza

if you made a playlist that had everything but the genre u didnt want ta hear, and use it for shuffle should work

F

Fallooza

maybe i didnt under stand ur Q. if u make a playlist with your intire library, then selact all the genre you dont want and erase. then us it for ur shuffle list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Fallooza said:
maybe i didnt under stand ur Q. if u make a playlist with your intire library, then selact all the genre you dont want and erase. then us it for ur shuffle list.
That's the idea. The easiest way to do it is
- Create a new Smart Playlist. Set the criteria to "Genre/does not contain/Country" (for example)
- Mount the Shuffle, and select Autofill From: the Smart Playlist you just created

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.