Macbook pro battery life

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a macbook pro in June and I am curious as to what is a good battery life, from what I have got on my System Profile. But I am going to Calibrate my battery, will that increase the (mAh).

If anyone could enlighten me into this matter i would be grateful.

Battery Information:

Model Information:
Serial Number: W001453ZJD3LA
Manufacturer: SMP
Device name: bq20z451
Pack Lot Code: 0000
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 0201
Hardware Revision: 000a
Cell Revision: 0165
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 2943
Fully charged: No
Charging: Yes
Full charge capacity (mAh): 5323
Health Information:
Cycle count: 20
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 2828
Voltage (mV): 12126

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
But I am going to Calibrate my battery, will that increase the (mAh).

You can't increase the maximum "mAh" of a battery. It is what it is.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
calibrating the battery really isn't necessary until later in its life. light web surfing with the brightness turned down will get you possibly 4, 5 hours. brightness all the way up, web surfing will get you around 2 hours or even less. basically the internet uses a lot of battery up because of all the flash everywhere. other programs may drains battery depending on how taxing they are on your computer. check activity monitor and see what's taking up the most %. turn off bluetooth and you'll save battery. turn down brightness you'll save battery. apple is full of crap telling you you're macbook will get 10 hours of life. to achieve that result, a test was conducted by apple with the brightness at around 10% while running a really light program. so good battery is whatever you're doing that gets you the longest run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.