To connect (ethernet) Clamshell Mac to home wireless network

Reaction score
In fact, what I want to do with my Blueberry iBook is to:

1_ connect pc to pc to an iMac with Snow Leopard

Or

Connect to the network and use it to hold my PC based website

I have a wireless connection a home and I can see a the white mac laptop on the wireless network and access its HD with the iMac or a Windows machine that I seldom turn on.

The Blueberry does not have wireless capability, so I thought I could hook it up to the iMac pc-to-pc and use it like a secondary HD to hold my website and let it be available to the family through the Internet if I set “share Internet connection” on the iMac so that the clamshell can go online . Is that possible??? I reeeeally don't know if that can be done!

At all costs, I want it to be able, at least, to be visible and participating in the home network. I have a Dynex 10/100M router that I used to connect the PC, the iMac and the white laptop to, and could access any of them from any of them. That was sweet.

Now, the physical ethernet to the house is not where the computers are so I really don't want to move the Clamshell away from the other computers to physically connect it to the modem through ethernet; that would be a hassle.

I have not used the clamshell for a while, but it is such a nice computer that I want to continue using it. It's elegant, uncomplicated (to this date) and has many years to go still.

So, what I am asking is, how do I connect the clamshell to the network without a wireless connection. All things would fall in place after this is solved, I guess.

Sleepless unless I do it! Please help!:\

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The Blueberry does not have wireless capability...

Sure it does...you just have to install an Airport card.:)

HTH,

- Nick

OP
W
Reaction score
Great answer! :Angry-Tongue: I know that and I don't want the obvious answer that will cost me at least $99. I don't want to buy that card -- which I have installed in the white Mac notebook (G4). So the question still remains for those who can answer , in the real world. There is no reason why one computer that is added to the network by ethernet cannot be seen by the other which is in the network wirelessly.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There is no reason why one computer that is added to the network by ethernet cannot be seen by the other which is in the network wirelessly.

You are correct, this leads me to believe that it might be a software problem. Have you checked the Firewall settings? Is sharing turned on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.