Can't get Airport Extreme to do a hard reset

Reaction score
Hi all,

So here's my scenario: I was running a Mac wireless network with two Airport Expresses. One Express, my network extender, died. I got a great deal on a used Airport Extreme w/an antenna. The Express (which was the base station) is now the network extender. Everything is working well, except.....

I want to reconfigure the Extreme as a hidden network. However, in Network Admin, it prompts me for a password before I can reconfigure. I've done a couple of hard resets, but still get prompted. Did a couple of soft resets (5 minute window, yes?), but still get prompted. Tried the default password "public", no different.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Monty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Posting the solution Monty would be benifical to anyone else who has the same problem as you ..... We use the search function in this forum so a solution would be priceless :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.