How to change a standard account to a user one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I updated my system a while a back and since then have been plagued by the message "Type an administrator's name and password to continue..." I googled a bunch of stuff but it all led back to this apple support page:
Mac OS X 10.5: Administrator user changes to standard

All the other people who have had problems like mine found it very helpful, but I can't get past the first step! It says the following:

1. Start from your Mac OS X 10.5 Install DVD. (You do not need to install Leopard again.)

2. From the Utilities menu, choose Reset Password (do not choose Firmware Password Utility).

I, however, do not know where the utilities menu is. I'm using Install Disc 1 from my Everything Mac/AppleCare pack which came with my 32" iMac. Is it the right thing, first of all? There's a screenshot in the attachment. But otherwise, where is the Utilities menu? Any help is much appreciated.

Picture 10.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Boot from the install disc holding C while it starts up, select the language, and click the right arrow thingy to go to the next step.
After a few seconds, a menu will show up at the top of the screen, where you will see the utilities menu.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.