ios4 upgrade erased all of my ipod Calendar data

Reaction score
While traveling abroad last week I was shocked to realize my Ipod calendar was blank- it's where I keep records of all of my business activity (hours on tasks, miles driven, etc). The records go back over a year when I switched from an aged Palm T/X to the new(ish at the time) Ipod Touch.

I hadn’t worried too much when a week or 2 back when the ios4 upgrade message said make sure to backup data since I faithful run Time Machine on my MacBook every 10 days.

On return the US, I ran the Time Machine restore for the iCal application. I did this progressively further & further back in time yet my Ical failed to populate with 15 months of data.

I can’t seem to find anything online to explain the data loss. Does anyone have any idea what could have happened & if there is any way to recover my lost records?

…Matt

OP
M
Reaction score
IOS4 upgrade erased my iPod calendar

Hasnt ANYONE else had this problem / found a solution? I posted this issue more than 2 weeks ago and not a single peep. I'm now trying to back out ios4 but it seems locked into my itunes and it only reloads the same problematic OS when I erase the ipod & reload it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.53 GHz, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD > 2TB TC > 16GB iPhone 3G
Never mind the TM back-up but did you run a back-up in iTunes before you upgraded? If so then you can restore from that and you should have everything up to the date of your back-up

HTH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.