Migration issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
I've had an iMac for a few years and this past christmas I got a Macbook. I used migration assistant to setup my macbook but since then have rarely used my iMac. I decided to get my iMac up to date with my macbook using migration assistant again but it duplicated users so I had 2 users with my name 2 with my wife's etc. So I thought I'd be smart and just booted from the original software disc (OSX 10.4) that came with my iMac and deleted everything. The problem is this, Setup assistant on the iMac has only options for firewire but I have the macbook w/o a firewire port. I started a user on the iMac and updated the software but migration asst. still has no option other than firewire. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry if this should be in the software forum.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
Disregard this question.

But if anyone ever encounters this just upgrade to 10.6, it gives the over network option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.