external monitor questions

Reaction score
I have a mid 2010 13" MBP and I am currently using a Dell IN1920 18.5-inch HD Widescreen Monitor as a second display. I was just wondering if 1) there are any keyboard shortcuts to move a window from one screen to the other and 2) is there anyway to run applications on the Dell monitor (like a game that runs full screen)?

Thanks
mayflyTR

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut but generally once you move a window to the second screen it will appear there the next time it is opened if the second monitor is on. Mail, for example, always opens on a second screen.

The game should be able to open full screen on the Dell. Does this game need to run on the primary monitor. If so, make sure the Dell is designated as the primary monitor. T=You can do that from the Displays preference pane. Click the arrangement tab and drag the small white monitor bar icon to the Dell screen. ATPM 14.12 - How To: Taming the Two-headed Monster: Using Two Monitors With Your Mac

OP
M
Reaction score
ok thanks for the help, the second part of that article helped some too

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're welcome. I am always a little reluctant to recommend my own writing but I knew if I explained it off the top of my head I would forget something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.