Apple Mail App

Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping someone has run across this issue can help me out. I have the new macbook pro w/ Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I use the mail app instead of entourage and I have a basic hotmail account set up on the app. Literally dozens of times a day, it prompts me to re-enter the password and I select to save it to the keychain to avoid having to do this all the time. But every single day, I have to re-enter the password for some reason.

Can anybody help ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Happens to me too. I'm not aware of any way around re-entering the password again and again. Maybe someone smarter than me can offer a solution, but at least you know you're not alone. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Go to Preference>Account>Account Info>Password (type in you password in this field) Close the preference window. Click to save.

OP
C
Reaction score
mac mail

Go to Preference>Account>Account Info>Password (type in you password in this field) Close the preference window. Click to save.

thank you both for the response. I actually tried the above after I posted the question over the weekend & it seems to have helped.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.