web browser back with mouse buttons

Reaction score

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I did some poking around the Logitch site and found as you did that Logitech's software only supports XP and Vista. I did find a thread where someone suggested a few drivers that work with it (USB Overdrive and Steermouse among others). MX 518 Mac compatibility - Logitech Forums

You might also find this information on Steermouse helpful since it specifically addresses use with that mouse. Most of the page is devoted to the mouse itself but there is a bit of info on Steermouse Review: Logitech MX518 on a Mac ? preshit's weblog

OP
U
Reaction score
I did some poking around the Logitch site and found as you did that Logitech's software only supports XP and Vista. I did find a thread where someone suggested a few drivers that work with it (USB Overdrive and Steermouse among others). MX 518 Mac compatibility - Logitech Forums

You might also find this information on Steermouse helpful since it specifically addresses use with that mouse. Most of the page is devoted to the mouse itself but there is a bit of info on Steermouse Review: Logitech MX518 on a Mac ? preshit's weblog
Thank you very much. Steermouse fixed everything!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad that helps. That looks like too nice a mouse not to be able to use the buttons. If it were left-handed I would probably buy one in a minute.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.