• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac of All Trades

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Has anyone ever had any dealings with or know the reputation of this company?

About 6 months ago I purchased a video adapter "dongle" from them. As you know "Mac of All Trades" sells used items. This video adapter was used...but was supposed to be fully functional. When I got it & hooked it up...it sort of worked if it was kept in the "right" position...but if the cable was flexed..the video signal would "cut-out".

I contacted "Mac of All Trades"...and unfortunately they didn't have a 2nd one to send me (it's a VERY hard to find adapter)...but they seemed to be more than happy to give me a refund. I decided to keep the adapter because it "sort of worked"...and like I said it's a very rare adapter, especially for the price I paid.

So although my experience with "Mac of All Trades" wasn't 100% positive (they were willing to give me a refund)...I would still purchase from them again.:)

Now if the 2nd transaction didn't go well...;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel
I've sold a couple if iMacs to them with no problems. Received the checks in about 5 days after they received the iMac.

If there price is right I would sell to them again. I would not hesitate to buy from them either.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I actually just contacted them again yesterday about the occasionally malfunctioning video adapter I purchased from them 6 or so months ago. They said that if they get another one in...they would be happy to replace it.:) So I will see how it goes.

I also found that they are listed with the Tampa, Florida Better Business Bureau (BBB)...and they have an A+ rating. The highest rating you can get from the BBB.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
In other news, my fiancee purchased an eMac G4 from them that still works and meets all of her needs. It came with Tiger, but I put Leopard on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.