Macbook wont start (reward)

Reaction score
NOTE I've seen similar threads but I don't wanna hijack anyone's thread, plus they are using different notebooks so I'll start my own.

Okay, so basically my Macbook was working fine very late yesterday night (or should I say very early this morning) at about 4am. I've just woken up at about 1.30pm, and it won't switch on.

The power light is constantly on, but nothing works.
I don't think it's just a display error, as if I try and put the caps lock key on (to see if the light shows) it doesn't.

If I remove the battery and put it back in, the power light comes back on immediately.

If the chargers plugged into it, the little light on the charger won't display.

I've clicked the little battery checker button on the other side of my mac and it shows past half battery, so it isn't out of charge.

No matter how long I press the power button down for (3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds) nothing happens.

What should I try and do to fix? Where I live (in england) there isn't a mac shop around for a few hundred miles. Also, I've had it anywhere between 1-2 years so I think my warranty is out...i'm not sure how long the warranty lasts.

So are there any things I can try to do to fix it? Ignore what I've said I've tried doing and instruct me from the start
A PayPal reward will be given to anyone who can successfully help me out.

Thanks.

EDIT: The times in this are now slightly off, as I posted in another mac forum and no one even bothered answering. This was about 8 hrs ago. ALSO, THE POWER LIGHT IS NO LONGER CONSTANTLY ON.
I really don't understand, was working perfectly fine before I went to bed; when I woke up the laptop hadn't been moved, touched or even breathed on how can it break??? :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Did you recently change the RAM?
Meanwhile, try these things.

-Press the control key, the command key, and the power button simultaneously and hold for three seconds to try to restart the computer.

-After pressing the power button, hold down these keys simultaneously: Command-Option-P-R, until you hear the startup chime at least one additional time after the initial startup chime.

Try resetting SMC (system management controller).
-Remove the AC power, remove the battery, and then hold down the power button for five seconds.

PS. If any of the above works, no reward other than appreciation necessary :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.