Graphic card problem on Imac

Reaction score
Hi i have graphic problems on my Imac.

Some things looks okey on the computer like photos, Safari, and some other programs.

But on som programs like finder, System settings i get rasters around the menues and stuff.

Look at the screenshot around the mousepointer.

Mac OS version is 10.5.8

Best Regards Jonas

mac.jpg

C

chas_m

Yes, that's a problem.

What did your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider say when you took it in and showed it to them?

Is your machine still under warranty?

OP
E
Reaction score
No it´s not under warranty, havent took it to a dealer.

I was hoping someone here at the forum could point me into a direction ;)

// Jonas

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the machine is not under warranty, it's probably going to be expensive to repair as that looks very much like a GPU problem. And since the GPU on your model iMac is surface mounted to the logic board, that would mean a logic board replacement.

You should take it on in and let Apple look at it as chas_m advised. Ask them to give you an estimate prior to allowing them to do any work. You'll probably have to pay their minimum diagnostic fee.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.