Gonna buy a new Macbook Pro.. need advice

Reaction score
So right now I have a three y/o Macbook Pro 17" with a 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4GB memory. I'm looking into getting the new Macbook Pro 15" 2.53 GHZ i5 processor and 4GB memory. I was wondering if anyone could help me in figuring out how much better this new MBP would be compared to my current one. I do alot of Photoshop and take online school classes as well as play a lot of the Sims 3. How much faster will the new MBP be as to the one I have now? Will it have a lot better graphics and game performance? Will I be able to notice a big difference as far as performance and graphics when using these programs? Do you think I will be satisfied with this computer doing the things I do mentioned above or would it be worth the upgrade to the 2.66 GHZ instead? Thanks for your help in advance it is very much appreciated because I am not very savvy with this technical stuff and been quite unable to find any good advice on making the choice for my new purchase. Thanks again and God bless :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.