Macbook with dual monitor setup

Reaction score
I have a white macbook from 2008. I wanted to hook up two monitors (say 21 inch) with the macbook (not including its own screen). Can I do that? If yes, then how?

Thanks.
AJ

Macbook White 2008 Mac OS X (10.6.4) White Macbook, early 2008

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I am doing this with my 2008 MacBook Pro right now. In addition to the Macs own monitor I have a 24" Samsung and a 19" monitor. The 24" is attached to the computers monitor port. The other monitor is connected to a graphics adapter that runs through the USB port. I am currently using the one I reviewed in this article ATPM 15.08 - Review: OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter.

One of the problems with this device is that it does not support Open GL entirely. I suggest checking out the review for additional information. There are a number of similar devices out there (Matrox I think), but I am not sure whether they have the same Open GL problems. Since they are based on similar/identical technology I suspect that they do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.