website and SEO

Reaction score
I created a website on iweb and published it and hosted it through mobile me. I then tried to use the iweb SEO tool to add meta titles and tags. The tags and titles added but the whole website totally changes in appearance. Someone told me that it must have altered the html of the website.

Does anyone know if by changing my website host from mobile me to someone else it will solve the problem.....or do I need to construct a new website using different software to iweb?

Heeeeeeellllppppp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
Someone told me that it must have altered the html of the website

Well obviously....

If you cared about SEO at all, you wouldn't use iWeb anyway.

MobileMe isn't the problem. I recommend learning HTML and doing the site by hand. http://w3schools.com is a good start.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
If you have little to no web development experience I wouldn't recommend messing with the code until you have gone through some kind of tutorial. If you want to learn - great! As Unibody said w3schools is a great place to start.

If you don't want to learn you have a couple of choices;
1) You can hire a web-dev to do it for you (DM me and we can discuss something)
2) Look into SquareSpace who will deal with everything from design, hosting, SEO, etc.

Hope that helps.

Doc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.