Apple iMac 21.5" Late 2009 Screen Problem

Reaction score
Hi,

A few weeks ago, I noticed some weird wavy lines on the top of my iMac's screen.
It looks like a water spill, or something, but I haven't experienced any of that. It is a late 2009 iMac, the 21.5 inch version. it is running latest software, but it looks like the problem is in the hardware. Have any of you experienced this? I attached a photo, you can try see it. It is not too easy to notice on the photo, but in real life it is pretty bad.

r7t9o4.jpg

Also, will Apple replace my screen, or the actual iMac. I have an appointment tomorrow, and I am thinking whether I should back-up or not.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't answer your question about whether or not Apple will replace the display or the machine, however, anytime you take your machine in for diagnosis or repair, by all means make a backup. (I can't see the wavy lines you refer to.)

Regards.

Reaction score
you problem must be solved by now...but it not than go to apple and they will replace the screen..i had the same problem with my screen and that got replaced

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.