Inertial scrolling - how do you feel about it in OS X?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
So with the new update, I got the option for inertial scrolling. I tried it out and I've gotta say, it's novel... I could get used to it, but I think I prefer the strict control I have without inertia... I'll toy around with it for a bit longer and see if I like it.

I also like the 3 finger drag for moving windows around, but it's just not worth giving up my quick swipe to navigate back and forward through pages.

For those to whom the updates apply, how do you like inertial scrolling? I had to turn down my scroll speed a lot to get it to be fun to play with at all, but I think I like the set up that I had. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I guess I don't see the loss of strict control. If I keep my fingers on the trackpad - it scrolls the same as before. If I use the flick action - that is when I get the inertial scroll. So to me it seems like the best of both worlds.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yea, but if I keep my fingers on the pad, it scrolls a lot slower than it used to before... because if I do the flick action with my scroll speed this high, i get to the top or bottom of every webpage without even trying haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.