Microsoft Office Help!

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
I bought my first iMac less than 2 weeks ago and installed microsoft office on it for school. Since they released the new iMacs yesterday, I'm going to return it to get the new one. Can anyone help me with figuring out how to not have to pay for a whole new microsoft office??
This would be much help!!
Zach

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Uninstall it from your old machine and use the install disk you got with Office to install it on the new machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
As long as you uninstall it from the old machine first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Use the Remove Office application!

~/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office/Remove Office

~ = your Home Folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
Plus you get 3 license with each Office Pack, so you shouldn't have any problems installing it on a new machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Plus you get 3 license with each Office Pack, so you shouldn't have any problems installing it on a new machine.

You can get three, but I'm not sure that they don't also sell a single-license product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can get three, but I'm not sure that they don't also sell a single-license product.

When I bought my wife's MBP we got the MS Office with it and it came with the 3 license. So, if they sell it with just one license I'd expect it to cost less, but when I was ordering the MB on line it didn't give me any option for a single license version.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The 3 licenses are included with the Home & Student Edition. I don't think the business edition or professional edition include 3 licenses. My "Standard" edition of Office 2010 (Win) comes with 1 license but can be installed on up to 2 machines that I own using the same license.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 3 licenses are included with the Home & Student Edition. I don't think the business edition or professional edition include 3 licenses. My "Standard" edition of Office 2010 (Win) comes with 1 license but can be installed on up to 2 machines that I own using the same license.

Regards.

Ahhh that would be the kicker. Since my wife works for the school district I was able to buy it on the student teacher thing and I did get the student version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.