iPhone 4 Car Mount/Dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
I know it is early in the life of iPhone 4, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good car mount for the iPhone 4? I was looking at the TomTom GPS model, but I have heard that iPhone 4 does not fit so well.

So hit me with your best shot and make sure to tell me why you like a certain model over others! I want to make sure I get a good one.

I do have the bumper on mine, so a car mount that will work without me having to remove it is a must.

Reaction score
DIY if you have a piece of junk car like me....

photo.jpg

Cost me exactly $0

Reaction score
tomtom is great

I have the iPhone 4 and the TomTom cradle and it works great if you make a simple modification. The phone is a little bit thinner so you have to stick a little something to the mount to make up the gap. I trimmed a little rubber foot you would stick under furniture or a plant stand and it works perfectly. You would think it was made that way. Just make a trip to the hardware store and find one the right thickness. The mount is awesome and the GPS reception is very accurate. The audio out is a line out and disables the volume buttons as it should for an Aux in on the stereo. The USA/Can app was $50. I've used GPS X-drive before and the tomtom app is far superior. I'm really digging the all-in-one-ness of my setup. I recommend mounting it in the stream of an AC vent because all the nav apps make the phone toasty hot.

Here's a pic of the mount and the adhesive disc mounted to an aluminum plate I made.
tomtomforiphone4.jpg

iphoneelementmount.jpg

Cheers,

Ash

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
InbeforeVelcro. >_<"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.