uMBP 17" matt - may keyboard leave traces on screen surface when MBP's pressed?

Reaction score
Greetings from sunny Poland,

let me quickly introduce myself; I am a photographer, you can see some of my work here: Inne Studio - fashion, beauty, nude and wedding photography

I'm planning to buy a 17" matt MBP 2010. So far I've used a few laptops which I carry in a backpack (Lowepro Computekker Plus AW) together with cameras and lenses. Each one but the last one - Lenovo Thinkpad - had the same problem; beacause there is high pressure on the computer (glass weights over 12kgs), the keyboard keys left traces on he screen surface - not just dust - the plastic from keys was on the screen for good. The Lenovo is the firsts one not affected by that.

Can anyone who uses this MBP 17" matt 2010 (and treats it as bad as me) tell me how it looks in this case?

I'll appreciate any help!

Regards,
Marcin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Welcome to the forum mrcn! I am a photographer myself, if you check out my sig (my website is under construction at the moment, it may not load correctly), and i know what you mean about lugging around the lenses, which is why I don't bring my computer with me, that's just another thing to worry about. But my computer bags are used for school, which can be much heavier in comparison to the lenses. I have a 15in matte MBP, and I have never noticed any residue from the keyboard on my screen. But if you have that much weight in your pack, and you have seen this happen before, I would be a little leary about putting a laptop in there, that's not the best idea, i'm surprised those past computers never broke if the keyboard was touching the screen, or vice versa.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.