iBook + Free iPod Mini Promotion

C

cocoa_pants

The coupon for this educational promotion says that the 12" iBook with CD-ROM drive is excluded. Are they referring to the iBook that they're currently selling with the combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)? Or is it an older one?

Reaction score
They make a model of the iBook that is only available through the education store that has a CD-ROM instead of a Combo Drive(DVD/CD-RW), it is only $50 cheaper. I would just go with the retail model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
is this just ibooks, I know I already have an ipod, but If i was to buy a powermac for education would I still get the ipod, I am just curious, since I am looking into getting a powermac, and If I can get another ipod out of it that I could possibly use just for my car radio (in the trunk) then that would be an idea, 1000 songs in the car and I can change them, I dont' need a 20gb... so does anybody know if this is for powermacs as well or just ibooks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
it includes iBook, powerbooks, and iMacs.

Sorry, no Powermac :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
prostuff1 said:
it includes iBook, powerbooks, and iMacs.

Sorry, no Powermac :(

lol, I bought a Powerbook on student discount back in Febuary, can I get a free mini? Ah, sucks being too early...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
lol

I am planning to get a powerbook about the begining of september and thankfully the promotion will still be going on. What i am probably going to do is get the free iPod mini and also buy a 20 iPod, then sell the mini to my sister :) So what it amounts to is me making 200 for nothing.

OP
M

mangoSharingan

prostuff1 said:
What i am probably going to do is get the free iPod mini and also buy a 20 iPod, then sell the mini to my sister :) So what it amounts to is me making 200 for nothing.

OMG, you're gonna rip off your own sister? :p

OP
C

cocoa_pants

mynameis said:
They make a model of the iBook that is only available through the education store that has a CD-ROM instead of a Combo Drive(DVD/CD-RW), it is only $50 cheaper. I would just go with the retail model.

Thanks for clearing that up. The education store at apple.ca doesn't offer the iBook with CD-ROM, so that's why I was a bit confused.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mangoSharingan said:
OMG, you're gonna rip off your own sister? :p

Yeah, i guess thats what it amounts to. :)

I have an iPod mini right now (althought it is an early version, and it doesn;t have the great battery life) and i will kep it and the battery packs i bought for it and just sell my sister the new one.

OP
B

BrianH

Eh, I got the $100 rebate check from apple for my powerbook...I think i would rather just hvae that check than the ipod though, because i really like my mini disc player....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.