safari downloads box

Reaction score
hey everyone,

does anyone know how to program safari so that every time something begins to download it opens the "downloads" box and then once the download is complete to automatically close the "downloads" box?

I hate having that thing open and having to close it manually...i already have the downloads to "clear automatically upon sucessful download" so why can't the box go away too! >=( haha

anyways...if anyone knows or has a fix for this...it would be great!!!

thank u so much!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Grab Glims. It's free and has a lot of other useful settings including multiple search engines available from a drop down in the search field.

Head to Safari Preferences - Glims - Misc and set the time for the download window to close after it's done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I hate having that thing open and having to close it manually...

If that's a problem for you, I wish I were you! I've got bigger fish to fry, as the saying goes. :*:*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.