Thinking about getting a MBP

Reaction score
So I've owned a Macbook air for the past year. I bought it used off of Ebay; but I've started to see some of the common issues with the Air:

-Hinges are shot (guy I bought it from had them fixed, but they've gone again).
-Overheats badly. Can hardly stream youtube videos.

Also, it's only an 80GB HD, 1.6GHz, 2GB Ram. So it's can be very slow at times. It's pretty much a sure thing that running parallels for school is out of the question.

I've set up an appointment at my apple retailer to get the hinges replaced. Once that is done, I am thinking of putting it up on ebay.

I am thinking I want the get one of the older style MBP (pre aluminum uni-body). Based on the prices on ebay, I could probably get one w/4GB Ram, 160GB+HD and 2.2+GHz for the same price I could get for my Air.

This one in particular has stuck my fancy:
FLAWLESS! MacBook Pro 15" 2.5GHz 4GB 500GB HD + Extras on eBay.ca (item 160460868181 end time 31-Jul-10 11:48:45 EDT)

Just wondering what I should be looking for when buying one of these older MBP. Anyone had one, and have any comments?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
It's a good deal. Just check the serial number and warrenty duration details.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.