• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Multiplexor error iDVD

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. Am pulling my hair out here. Have been making dvds on idvd for a while now from quicktime movies exported from FCp. For the past 2 days it keeps encoding the dvd and the just near the end keeps giving me multiplexor error and is not burning the dvd. I have read a few suggestions. Brought the writing speed to x4, put in a dvd that is a slower speed. Re exported the film, redone the chapters, deletes chache from the library. Redone the whole idvd project and deleted encoded assets. Still hasnt worked. Can any one help me please????

C

chas_m

Two thoughts:

1. iDVD errors often stem from not having vast amounts of free space available on the boot drive. I would look there first, make sure you had at least 20GB free.

2. IIRC (haven't had to do this for a while), you can create a disc image of the finished movie rather than going directly to burn. This cuts down on the amount of temp space needed and seems to work well for a lot of people, since they can easily make multiple burns once they've got the disc image (using something like Toast or Disk Utility). You might try that and see if you have better luck.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Chas_m
Thanks for that, however Im not sure what more I can delete from my HD , I have 11GB free space. MY Data 1 and Data 2 have lots of free space, how can i set my idvd to use temp files in data1 or data2? Also I need to have menus and music, its a wedding film so wont be able to burn in toast or disk utility.I dont know how to use Dvd Studio pro, but better do a crash course i guess, used to use Encore, but now work on Mac. Cheers:)

C

chas_m

You're going to keep running into the same issue -- even using other programs -- until you clear more than 11GB off your boot drive. You can store your projects on another drive, no problem, but iDVD and many other programs still uses the boot drive for temp space and there's no way to change that.

What is the total capacity of the hard drive, and what is taking up so much space? If you're not sure, Grand Perspective can help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.