• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Xbox 360 to Macbook Capture Card

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am looking for a capture card that I could use to record from my xbox 360 to my Macbook so that I could edit and possibly upload to youtube.
My price range is relatively low($200 max).
My hardware on my macbook is the late 2008 aluminum 2.4 GHz and 250 GB hard drive. Other info here MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008) - Technical Specifications
If you need anymore info feel free to ask.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your best bet is the Hauppauge HD PVR. Its fully compatible with the Xbox 360. Its an HD recording device. I own one myself and have had very good results. It's $200 and definetly worth it. You can even upload to youtube in HD. Since you are running on a mac though you will need another piece of software called EyeTV which is about $60. The HD PVR is PC based but this software allows you to use it very smoothly. I'll put links for the recording device, software, and my youtube channel so that you can see the quality of it.

Hauppauge HD PVR:
HD PVR Product overview

EyeTVsoftware:
overview

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/jLeemify

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Another option if you get the HDPVR is to get this software for capturing: steventoth.net HDPVR Capture - the current version was just released in April of this year. It works fairly well.

Of course, you're going to want to play the game watching on a TV rather then the computer tho as there is lag time between capture and display on the computer (with Elgato software or with HDPVR Capture) - Elgato also does have an HD capture device like the HDPVR - I've never used it tho (I just happen to see it at an Apple store a few weeks ago).

Reaction score
I have tried HD PVR Capture. It is a decent program but EyeTV works much smoother. HD PVR Capture did not recognize my device at first and I ran into a few problems configuring it. EyeTV easily recognized my device and automatically made the correct settings. The workflow with EyeTV is much easier as well. It may be more pricey, but it is more quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm, that's odd - it recognized mine right off the bat

OP
X
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
Anybody have any other suggestions? Possibly one I could pick up in-store from best buy or radioshack?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have an Apple Store somewhere nearby? If you do - you can probably check out the Elgato HD capture device (at least they had it at the store in my area)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Elgato HD and the Elgato Pro cards are very good. My friend has one, and it works seamlessly with no issues at all, good resolution too.

OP
X
Reaction score
How to Connect a Computer to a Verizon Cable Box | eHow.com
Could this be a good way to record also? I have a Verizon Fios cable box and if this does work, what DVC should I use, I want to stay at low price for this one( below $120)
Are there any other ways to record also such as Elgato Hybrid USB or Dazzle? Or using an application on my mac? I am sort of new to this, but I am just looking for the easiest/cheapest/best quality way to record audio and video from my xbox 360 to my mac.
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.